A RELIABLE, PRACTICAL AND EASY-TO-USE DETERMINATION OF SOIL CONDUCTIVITY AND SALT CONTENT WITH TRIME PROBES: PICO 64, PICO 32 AND PICO IPH T3/44.
- Highest accuracy by the use of the latest TDR electronics
- NEW: Measures 3 important Parameters:
Electrical Conductivity (EC) and Salt Content
- NEW: with SDI-12 interface
- Measure direct 0...100% vol. soil water content
- Bulk soil electrical conductivity up to 20dS/m
- Large measurement volume > 1250ml
- Rugged (IP68), proven and suitable for long-term installations
• TRIME probes measure conductivity with the same large soil volume as it will be used for the TDR moisture measurement. The contact of the probe rods inside the soil is far less critical as with "galvanic" EC probes with a point to point measurement where even small air gaps lead to significant deviations.
• TRIME probes use coated and therefore isolated rods which guarantee the non-appearance of galvanic accumulation along the rods allowing for long-run installations over many years. Unisolated rods means there is a risk of galvanic reactions and possible influence on the sensor´s reading with serious problems when the probes must be removed from larger depths due to a rod cleaning.
• TRIME probes measure moisture and conductivity very precisely at a frequency of 1GHz with a better and more exact separation of moisture and conductivity in comparison to capacitive probes with lower frequencies. This means that in practice, a reliable determination of the pore water conductivity ECw and respectively TDS (mg of salt per liter water) is possible at different moisture levels.
• All TRIME probes work with a concurrently basic calibration for moisture and conductivity. This allows a check of the limits of saline stress in soils according to standards of FAO2006 for specific soils.
|The IMKO HD2 - measuring the soil moisture content, the soil conductivity EC, and the level of salt contamination can now be performed as fast and easy as never before! Within two seconds, the moisture content value, the temperature, and the soil conductivity EC are displayed on the clear display. All of the TRIME-PICO probes can connected to the HD2: TRIME-PICO 64, TRIME-PICO 32 and TRIME-PICO IPH T3/44.